About Me

We are the student pharmacists, pharmacists, and staff selected to participate in the yearly International Dominica Pharmacy Rotation offered. We hope you enjoy reading and sharing our adventures. If you are interested in learning more - contact us at abronsdominicarotation@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Views on Professionalism:

I've never quite understood the hubbub about professionalism. Like those before me, I had originally been taught that professionalism was a state of belonging to the professions of clergy, law, or medicine. As I advance through my college years however, I was told that professionalism was something more; it was meant to be a guiding principle of behavior I was expected to uphold throughout my life.

To me, professionalism quickly became synonymous with being responsible and now, that is that manner in which I choose to follow the definition.

I am responsible toward my physicians, for I am the ultimate checker in their medication regimens.
I am responsible toward my patients, for whose medication knowledge should stem from me.
I am responsible toward myself and my career, I would never engage in behavior that would endanger either of us.

These are the tenets I ascribe to know, and hope to keep true to as I advance through my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment