About Me

We are the student pharmacists, pharmacists, and staff selected to participate in the yearly International Dominica Pharmacy Rotation offered. We hope you enjoy reading and sharing our adventures. If you are interested in learning more - contact us at abronsdominicarotation@gmail.com

Friday, October 21, 2011

Jungle Bay Staff

While here in Dominica after our trip to Palm's Paradise I haven't been feeling very good. I have to say that the Jungle Bay staff (JoAnna, Justinian, Sam, ..etc) have been so wonderful. They have made me ginger tea for my upset stomach, given me coconut water to help rehydrate me, and even made me special food to help settle my stomach. It feels so nice to be taken care of in such a way when I am so far away from home and just want to curl up in my own bed. I really appreciate everything they have done and it has made my not feeling well a little easier to deal with. I never thought that coming down to Dominica to learn about bush medicine would become literal for me - well, I can say that the ginger tea is very spicy and must be sipped in small quantities and the coconut water is very refreshing. I am very thankful for the expertise of the wonderful Jungle Bay staff!

No comments:

Post a Comment