About Me

We are the student pharmacists, pharmacists, and staff selected to participate in the yearly International Dominica Pharmacy Rotation offered. We hope you enjoy reading and sharing our adventures. If you are interested in learning more - contact us at abronsdominicarotation@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Professionalism

Back during my first year of pharmacy school we took a class where professionalism was discussed and what it truly means to be a professional. I believe that a professional is someone whom society puts their trust and respect in with regard to a service that they provide. In doing so, we as the professionals must uphold that trust and honor it with integrity and respect. Futhermore, as a professional you are also obligated to act in such a way that represents your profession. My mother has always said "actions speak louder than words" and I have found this to be so true regardless of your choice of work. I believe my understanding of professionalism is high and I always try to keep in mind what my actions can do. My profession is one of the most trusted amongst all healthcare professionals and that is something to be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment