About Me

We are the student pharmacists, pharmacists, and staff selected to participate in the yearly International Dominica Pharmacy Rotation offered. We hope you enjoy reading and sharing our adventures. If you are interested in learning more - contact us at abronsdominicarotation@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Professionalism


Professionalism plays a key role in the profession of pharmacy.  I was not truly familiar with the term professionalism until my P1 or third year of pharmacy school.  That was the time in which professionalism was mentioned in just about every class and at our white coat ceremony at the start of the semester.  For me, professionalism means you present yourself well by dressing appropriately in proper attire whether it be a clean lab coat, dress pants and shirt.  It also means you have good communication skills and embody a since of honesty and integrity.  Setting these standards allows for better personal interactions and it allows for a since of trust with individuals.  Over the past three years I think I have learned a lot about professionalism and I have definitely tried to improve upon my skills.  I have not only tried to hold a level of professionalism with my school work and place of employment but in my personal live as well.  I highly value professionalism and I know it is something I will continue to acknowledge in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment