About Me

We are the student pharmacists, pharmacists, and staff selected to participate in the yearly International Dominica Pharmacy Rotation offered. We hope you enjoy reading and sharing our adventures. If you are interested in learning more - contact us at abronsdominicarotation@gmail.com

Monday, October 3, 2011

Rotation to Dominica

I am really looking forward to going down to Dominica and staying at the Jungle Bay Resort. Just from the initial topics we discussed today I can tell it is going to be an amazing experience that will be life-changing. After reading the initial materials assigned this morning, I learned that the House of Hope is actually a facility that was set up for mentally handicapped and disabled individuals. After having learned this, I am very excited to visit this place and meet the individuals who work and live there. My youngest brother has Down Syndrome and I have a step-brother with Autism, so, the rights and needs of special needs individuals is very important to me. These individuals have a lot to contribute to society and we can learn so much from them; I am excited that they have a place where they can take refuge. I am also looking forward to learning more about bush medicine and how it is applied in the Dominican culture and healthcare.

Finally, I am excited to meet all of the preceptors, Dr. A, and the other students from the Allbany College of Pharmacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment