About Me

We are the student pharmacists, pharmacists, and staff selected to participate in the yearly International Dominica Pharmacy Rotation offered. We hope you enjoy reading and sharing our adventures. If you are interested in learning more - contact us at abronsdominicarotation@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Future Career Ideas

Today Dr. A discussed many ideas/options as to what we could do in our near future as registered pharmacists. Though there are many career paths we can go down, it is very nerve-racking and even scary to decide what would be the best choice for me as an individual.  I feel as though the correct path for me is to apply for a residency, with the hopes of getting a residency for next year and in the future be a clinical pharmacist.  Dr. A opened my eyes up to a ton of different ways to figure out the many different paths even a clinical pharmacist could choose, and also the resources to help in applying for a residency.  I mostly enjoyed our talk regarding our future careers because it helped me realize that I do not have to have a definitive idea as to what I want/need to do after graduating in May, I need to just focus on what would be the best choices for me to start thinking about my future(yet so near) career.
I also enjoyed learning about the people in Dominica and how healthy some of them are, living to be over 100 years old.  It goes to show you that though all of the new age amenities that we have now are convenient, sometimes you need to think about your health and take the hard way such as walk more or go up flights of stairs instead of using elevators.  This definitely re-inforces the fact that I need to continue my yoga practices and my many other ways of exercising.

1 comment:

  1. This days pharmacies is additionally functioning through on-line, as a results of tons of people is trying for pharmacies who is operating through online. PharmacyGuider.com is an on-line pharmacy reviews web site, where drug-shoppers come back to share their experiences of on-line pharmacies they've ordered from. by the pharmacy guider pharmacies will manipulate things rigorously.
    click here

    ReplyDelete