About Me

We are the student pharmacists, pharmacists, and staff selected to participate in the yearly International Dominica Pharmacy Rotation offered. We hope you enjoy reading and sharing our adventures. If you are interested in learning more - contact us at abronsdominicarotation@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Reflection


I thought today’s discussion was very beneficial.  It was mostly able to get me thinking about the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle, the importance of exercise and how to effectively manage my time.  As a student pharmacist I feel proper diet and exercise are very important, as the health benefits are endless.  Lifestyle modification is often the best way to make changes to avoid various medical conditions and having to take medications.  I think it is very easy to say this to our patients we see in the pharmacy, but to actually do it ourselves is another thing.  I find it is important to have the right mentality to eat right and exercise regularly.  For me it makes me feel better about myself and often decreases my stress level.  I think being able to share my own experiences with others will hopefully make a difference in their lives. 

Time management is something most individuals struggle with on a daily basis, and I myself am guilty of this.  I think the best way to improve on this is just to get constant reminders of how to effectively manage time.  Just having the discussion today gave me better ideas of how I can make improvements in my everyday life.  Whether it is making a list of things to do or trying to prioritize things of importance.   We all have busy lives and have often so much going on; I think it is important to just take one day at a time and know that you will get things done if you just take your time and try not to stress over it too much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment