About Me

We are the student pharmacists, pharmacists, and staff selected to participate in the yearly International Dominica Pharmacy Rotation offered. We hope you enjoy reading and sharing our adventures. If you are interested in learning more - contact us at abronsdominicarotation@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

House of Hope



Today, we divided into 2 separate groups where each group made "sock puppets/stuffed animals" and also went to the House of Hope to make the patients' days brighter. My group consisted of myself, Peter, Krissy, Dara and Rachel.   Peter and I specifically sewed together a Zebra to the best of our ability.  We will have to place a picture up online when possible!  Our group decided to stencil and paint the two bathrooms with the themes of "jungle" and "stars/moons" and also the outer balcony with leaves and flowers. We will be returning to the House of Hope in approximately a week to finish painting for the patients, to spend more time with them and show them we all care.


Most of us also trekked up "Paix Busche" which is approximately 3 1/2 - 4 miles altogether but up a very steep terrain. I unfortunately only made it up 1/2 of the way because I did not condition myself to walk up mountains, but my goal is to eventually make the entire mountain by the end of our 2 week trip!!


No comments:

Post a Comment