About Me

We are the student pharmacists, pharmacists, and staff selected to participate in the yearly International Dominica Pharmacy Rotation offered. We hope you enjoy reading and sharing our adventures. If you are interested in learning more - contact us at abronsdominicarotation@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Treating Patients


There are many different techniques out there for helping patients learn and understand information.  I think the biggest thing I can do as a student pharmacist is to simply listen and understand their needs and concerns.  I think it is a great technique to try and repeat information for better understanding and reinforcement.  I also think it is important to speak at a level where the patient is able to understand what I have to say and put the information in patient friendly language.  Most definitely I would want to treat a patient like I would want to be treated by showing interest, empathy, concern, and having a positive attitude.  

No comments:

Post a Comment