About Me

We are the student pharmacists, pharmacists, and staff selected to participate in the yearly International Dominica Pharmacy Rotation offered. We hope you enjoy reading and sharing our adventures. If you are interested in learning more - contact us at abronsdominicarotation@gmail.com

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pre-Travel Preparations January 2013

It's January 2013 and again we'll travel back to Dominica, West Indies with a group of student pharmacists to work in rural health centers as well as learn about alternative medicines.  Additionally, and probably my favorite, we'll get to spend some time in the local schools talking about paths to our chosen profession.  It is amazing to see the impact that this can make.  I often when having a frustrating day look at a picture that one of our student pharmacists took last year on the trip.  It's a picture of a group of primary school aged kids in Delices raising there hands.  They did this in relation to the question of "Who Wants to Be a Pharmacist?".  I probably should mention here that they also raised there hand when asked who wants to be a superhero.  I like to think that this can only mean one thing - pharmacists are superheros?  Each year I also look forward to seeing the experience through a new set of eyes and learning new experiences with my now extended Dominican "family".  It continually amazes me and makes me feel blessed that no matter how much I give there - I always feel like I am getting more from the experience.  It helps me recharge as a pharmacist remembering why I chose to go into this profession.  It forces me to slow down and smell the roses.  I am glad to share this experiences with you whether you are a part of my pharmacy family or immediate family.

Here's to a bright future and hopefully better things to come.

Best wishes always-
Dr. A

No comments:

Post a Comment