About Me

We are the student pharmacists, pharmacists, and staff selected to participate in the yearly International Dominica Pharmacy Rotation offered. We hope you enjoy reading and sharing our adventures. If you are interested in learning more - contact us at abronsdominicarotation@gmail.com

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Dominica 2017: Motivation

Sometimes I get motivational emails sent to me.  Since landing in Dominica this time, this is one that held particular meaning to me.



The baby steps in the beginning of a journey, Jeanine Abrons, always seem inadequate compared to the brilliance of the dream that inspired them. This is natural. If the dream wasn't so far "out there" and dazzling, it wouldn't be worth dreaming! Just don't be led to think that the physical ground you cover with your baby steps is all that they accomplish. Because for every mortal step you take, another cog in a giant wheel behind the curtains of time and space advances, and with it 10,000 new possibilities. 

I continue to be reminded when we are in Dominica how many things that have seemed impossible are possible because of the many friendships and relationships that have been forged. In particular, I think how fortunate we are for our relationships with Sam Raphael and the Jungle Bay Family as well as Orrin Jolly / Carlton Lanquedoc and the Jollys' Pharmacy family.

I hope that the blogs we write over the remainder of the rotation serve as a reflective opportunity. I often realize after the fact how wonderful the experiences are and how blessed we are to be a part of them.

I hope wherever you are in this world that you'll believe and see the amazing things that you can do as a person. I hope you will ask the questions: what can I do and is this possible. If you don't ask, if you don't dream, you'll never know. 

Happy Saturday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment